Ponderings, insights and industry updates
- Handling Multiple Groupings in a Single PassHandle multiple group in a single SQL statement without blowing up memory !
- Video streaming analysis with CMCDIn this blog post we are going to see how we can leverage a new feature to extract CMCD information from Akamai realtime logs delivery. The Common Media Client Data… Continue reading Video streaming analysis with CMCD
- Index and enrich Akamai logs in realtimeAkamai new feature Datastream v2 allows streaming in real time of logs into HTTPS endpoint. In this blog post we’ll see how to setup Akamai and Hydrolix to receive, parse… Continue reading Index and enrich Akamai logs in realtime
- Clickhouse MeetupOur very own Fed presenting Hydrolix to the clickhouse meetup in SF In his talk Fed talks about how Hydrolix forked Clickhouse to support high performance reading and writing to… Continue reading Clickhouse Meetup
- When Append-Only Doesn’t Cut ItAlter is a new mechanism at Hydrolix allowing user to modify and delete indexed data. When alter is running it has no impact on performance for users with our decouple approach. Alter is safer than any other approach as we can rollback or commit the change in an atomic way with our cloud storage approach creating new partition is free.
- Indexing Journald logs with Vector￼How to index journald logs in Hydrolix with Vector.
- Managing your noisy neighbourHow Hydrolix can isolate users and teams to use dedicated server pools, avoiding noisy neighbours and improve reliability for everyone.
- Big Data with small billA month ago I started indexing Certificate transparency logs into Hydrolix.I’ve already created a blog post about this that you can view here. This one is more about the performance… Continue reading Big Data with small bill
- Indexing Elastic Common SchemaElastic has been working for awhile now on standardisation for event data, this effort is called the Elastic Common Schema, which we’ll call ECS in this post. The principle is… Continue reading Indexing Elastic Common Schema
- Visualising Certificate Transparency LogsEverything is moving towards TLS encryption all the time and monitoring those certificates generated is very important for multiple reasons: Detection of malicious certificates Monitoring of mistakes An example of… Continue reading Visualising Certificate Transparency Logs
- Automatic Index Cloudfront LogsHydrolix is able to automatically import batch data from AWS S3. In this blog post we’ll see how we use this feature to index Cloudfront logs into Hydrolix. Setting up… Continue reading Automatic Index Cloudfront Logs
- Using Hydrolix with VSCodeOn top of being a great code editor, Visual Studio Code (VSCode) has a great ecosystem with various plugins allowing users to automate many different tasks. Hydrolix being a fully… Continue reading Using Hydrolix with VSCode