Portland, OR or Remote USA, working primarily in Pacific time zone
We are looking for a Consultant Engineer to work with customers to architect next generation cloud data infrastructures using the Hydrolix’s data platform.
What You'll Do:
- Be the customer’s trusted advisor, assisting them to evaluate, deploy and integrate the Hydrolix platform into their data environment.
- Collect insight, product needs and feedback on the Hydrolix service and feed this into our engineering organization.
- You’ll develop a holistic and detailed knowledge of the Hydrolix platform, how it’s deployed and data architectures it needs to integrate with.
- You’ll participate in the organizational design, planning and execution of the Customer Success Team and all that entails.
- You’ll provide direct product feedback concerning the customers’ view of the Hydrolix service, how it operates and what needs it needs to satisfy.
- You’ll prototype, experiment, and validate new products, services, and ideas.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience working as a customer facing consultant or within a Professional Services architect role.
- Hands on experience of a query language (e.g. Elastic, SQL)
- Hands on experience of Data architectures (e.g. ELK, Postgres, Athena)
- Implementation Experience of a Visualization tool (e.g. Grafana, Kibana, Superset)
- Good Linux skills and knowledge of a scripting language.
- You’ll be a strong communicator with a bias towards collaboration.
- You’ll have experience in a technical customer facing role with a good understanding of what that entails.
- Understanding of Data Enrichment technologies (e.g. ETL, LogStash, FluentD).
- Experience of data migrations moving datasets from one environment to another.
- Kubernetes implementation experience.
- Experience of working with a Cloud Platform (AWS, Google, Azure).
- An early-stage company where you can have a personal impact.
- A place where your input directly contributes to the product and direction of a company.
- A role where you can employ your technical depth, working with customers to satisfy business problems.
- A flexible role, where adaptability and a “Swiss army knife” attitude is valued.
- A role where you can leverage your passion, knowledge, and experience.
- A truly bleeding-edge technology that is changing the capabilities and expectations of the database.
- A small company: Hydrolix is a well-funded, early-stage start-up with big ambitions. Early employees will have a huge impact in shaping the company’s culture and direction.
- An inclusive company: Hydrolix is committed to building a diverse team where every employee feels comfortable and supported.
- A people-centric company: Hydrolix works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too.
- A company that truly supports its teams with great benefits, a pro-vacation mindset, and a family-comes-first approach to management.