Senior C++20 Engineer
Portland, OR or Remote
We are looking for experienced C++ developers ready to help us expand the core functionality of our next-generation, web-scale data platform.
What You'll Do:
Collaborate with the Founder/CTO on the core technology which powers the Hydrolix platform.
What We're Looking For:
- Strong communication skills and a bias towards collaboration
- A willingness to embrace software engineering best practices
- A clear track record of writing code that is maintainable, clear, and concise
- A general awareness of security, performance, high-availability and fault-tolerance trade-offs
- Several years of modern C++ programming experience (C++14 or later)
- Professional experience in Linux-based environment
- Experience designing/developing reusable components
- Experience in network/socket programming (eventloops, async callback handling)
- Comfortable working with large scale C++ code base
- Comfortable working with cloud technologies
- Experience designing/developing database systems (parsers, planners, optimizers)
- Designing/developing distributed data pipeline processors/flows
- Compression algorithms and methods – (dictionary/FOR/delta encoding)
- Performance optimization techniques, and familiarity with SIMD instructions
- We are an inclusive company: Hydrolix’s founders are committed to building a diverse team where every employee feels comfortable and supported.
- We are a small company: Hydrolix is a well-funded, early-stage startup with big ambitions. Early employees will have a huge impact in shaping the company’s culture and direction.
- We are a people-centric company: Hydrolix works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, an pro-vacation mindset, and a family-comes-first approach to management.
- We are looking for passionate and creative people to join the Hydrolix team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!