Senior Solutions Architect
Portland, OR or Remote USA, working primarily in Pacific time zone
We are looking for Senior Solutions Architects who want to work with customers to architect next generation cloud data infrastructures using the Hydrolix webscale cloud data platform.
What You'll Do:
With our customers:
- You’ll serve as the technical point of contact for Hydrolix customers.
- You’ll be the customer’s trusted advisor, assisting them to evaluate, deploy and integrate the Hydrolix platform into their data environment.
- You’ll develop an understanding of the customers business problems, prescribing and implementing technical solutions to satisfy their needs.
- You’ll collect insight, product needs and feedback on the Hydrolix service and feed this into our engineering organization.
As part of the Hydrolix Success team:
- You’ll be the customer expert.
- You’ll develop a holistic and detailed knowledge of the Hydrolix platform, how it’s deployed and data architectures it needs to integrate with.
- You’ll participate in the organizational design, planning and execution of the Customer Success Team and all that entails.
- You’ll provide direct product feedback concerning the customers’ view of the Hydrolix service, how it operates and what problems it needs to satisfy.
- You’ll create collateral and go to market content to inform and advise our customers.
- You’ll prototype, experiment and validate ideas.
- You’ll be thinking about data and how many industries we can disrupt.
What We're Looking For:
- You’ll have strong communication skills and a bias towards collaboration
- You’ll have been in a technical customer facing role previously with a good understanding of what that entails.
- A can do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and figure out the solution.
- An ability to self-motivate and self-direct to move projects forward through to completion.
- Good Linux skills and knowledge of scripting languages and utilities (e.g. SSH, cURL, Networking)
- Good understanding of a query language (e.g. SQL, Elastic)
- Good understanding of Data architectures and data warehouses (e.g. ELK, Postgres, Athena, Presto)
- Understanding of a Visualization tools (e.g. Grafana, Kibana, Redash, Superset)
- Understanding of Data Pipelines ( e.g. ETL, LogStash, FluentD, Data enrichment).
- Experience of working with a Cloud Platform (AWS, Google, Azure)
You are looking for:
- A company that fundamentally understands data like you do. The problems, the challenges and how to overcome them – built into their fully owned technology.
- A role where you can employ your technical depth, working with customers to satisfy business problems.
- The ability to work with a team of experts in their field from across the industry.
- A real disruptive technology, tackling the largest data challenges around
- A job where adaptability and a “swiss army knife” attitude is highly valued.\
- A place to gain transparent visibility into a developing start-up.
- To have a real impact not just at the customer but in the company you work for, helping to define and develop the internal procedures and processes.
- Have a voice that is listened to in the strategy and direction of a product and its operation.
- A role where you can leverage your passion, knowledge and experience.
- An early stage company that is about to grow, and where opportunity is unlimited.
- We are an inclusive company: Hydrolix’s founders are committed to building a diverse team where every employee feels comfortable and supported.
- We are a small company: Hydrolix is a well-funded, early-stage startup with big ambitions. Early employees will have a huge impact in shaping the company’s culture and direction.
- We are a people-centric company: Hydrolix works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, an pro-vacation mindset, and a family-comes-first approach to management.
- We are looking for passionate and creative people to join the Hydrolix team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!