Hydrolix is committed to respecting the privacy rights of individuals and as well as ensuring its compliance with laws and legislation in the countries in which it operates. This privacy notice explains how Hydrolix collects or processes personal data about you either through direct interactions (e.g. as one of our customers or where you apply for a role at Hydrolix) or indirectly (e.g. as our customers customer) and why we use this data.
If you have any questions concerning this policy and need more information, please contact us. The contact details for our Privacy Team are here.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Who we share your data with and why?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and how we use them?
- How to manage your cookies
- California Privacy Rights
- Children and under 18’s
- How to contact Hydrolix
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What Data do we collect?
Hydrolix provides a managed service to businesses that enables them to ingest, store and query very, very large data-sets (more information about our service is here). Hydrolix provides it’s service as a managed service supplier and this means that it has dual roles when it comes to data privacy and GDPR.
The first role is that of a data “Controller” where as a business, Hydrolix collects data directly from you and stores it only to fulfil its business and operations. The second is as a “Processor” or “sub-processor” for it’s customers where it provides services that enable its customers to store data and offer services themselves.
To provide more detail on each we have broken them out into two sections:
What Data is collected directly (as a Controller)
The Data Hydrolix collects from its direct interactions is collected when interacting with you in person, via it’s websites, its services or through job postings. Any information stored is only for the purpose of Hydrolix providing its products and services and the aim of any data storage is not to target consumers or individuals who seek to use the service for their personal or household use but rather as to treat all personal data as pertaining to an individual’s business capacity.
The data can contain your name, email, postal address, phone and other information that is provided by you via our Website or services as well as direct interactions with our staff. For example, if you submit enquiries about our services, download white papers or other collateral or register for sales and marketing activities.
The data is collected to allow Hydrolix to operate easily and efficiently for a variety of reasons including: to efficiently interact with our customers and interested parties; to provide information regarding Hydrolix products and services; protect the company’s infrastructure and services; and to personalise our interactions to provide the best experiences with our services.
If you interact with Hydrolix or an online service provider used by Hydrolix to process employment applications, we collect the information above as well as relating to your job history, educational history, resume, and related information used to evaluate candidates for employment with Hydrolix. As a policy once a role is filled we will not keep your CV on record.
Data collected in-directly (as a Processor or Sub-Processor)
Hydrolix stores data our customers provide to us so that we might provide them with products and services. To supply our service, Hydrolix will be working with that customer under a contractual agreement. Hydrolix provides a product that our customers implement in their own environment and host via means of their choosing. As such, our customers are responsible for compliance with any applicable data privacy regulations when using our products to process personal data.
However, even with the Customer taking this responsibility, Hydrolix does acknowledge that you have a right to access to your personal data even as we are processing this data on the customers behalf. In this instance as Hydrolix does not have a direct relationship with the individual any requests or queries to access, correct, amend or delete the data will be referred to the customer who does have the direct relationship.
How do we collect your data?
The majority of the information we collect about you is provided to us directly by you through a variety of interactions. For example when you are interacting with our website or service, when you apply for a job, when you view or download white papers, when you sign-up for support or if you register for a Hydrolix Event or training.
You may of course, when asked for personal data decline to provide it. However, if you decline to provide the information Hydrolix needs to operate the service or complete a business operation for example a job application, you may not be able to use the service or be eligible for consideration.
We will collect the information when:
- We interact with you in person.
- You complete a form on our website when applying a job
- You complete a form on our website when requesting white papers or other downloadable content we make available.
- You complete a form on our website for the news letter.
- You create an account to use our services or create a new user for that account.
- You post messages on our websites and knowledge boards, either in public areas or directly to other users or third parties.
- You contact us outside of our websites, such as via slack, email or LinkedIn.
- You request assistance from our Support team and sign up for our customer support.
- You respond to surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- You register for or attend our Marketing Activities.
How will we use your data?
Hydrolix uses the personal data it collects for three basic purposes:
- Operation of our business, including recruitment of personnel and providing, maintaining, developing, and improving our products and services.
- Managing and supporting our relationship with our customers; and
- Communications, including promotional communications and marketing.
Hydrolix does NOT sell any personal data to any 3rd parties.
Hydrolix will process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls etc) about us which includes information about our services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Hydrolix from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please email us at email@example.com with Opt-Out in the subject line.
How do we store your data?
Hydrolix has put security measures in place to protect any information it receives. These security measures follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information, during transmission, processing and storage in an effort to prevent any kind of loss, misuse or unauthorised access. The measures we maintain are administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental loss, alteration, unlawful access or disclosure. Some examples of the measures we take include firewalls, walled gardens and sand-boxing, strong passwords with two factor authentication (2FA) and a variety of other techniques used for access and authentication of users. All Hydrolix employees, as part of their employment contracts and training, are required to both understand and execute their obligations to data privacy, and access to data is restricted to those who require access to fulfil their duties.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform our contracted customers and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
How long does Hydrolix retain your data?
Hydrolix retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our services or perform our contractual obligations, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The retention period shall not exceed the duration of our business relationship with you plus (7) years unless we have a legitimate business interest need to retain the information for a longer period, which include maintaining a record of your preferences, securing the integrity of databases, conducting audits, complying with our legal and contractual obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
Where you supply personal information to us concerning an open role we are recruiting for we will keep your CV up to 3 months after the role has been filled.
Who we share your data with and why?
Hydrolix does not share personal data outside of its requirements for operating it’s business. Hydrolix may contract 3rd parties to conduct “processor” activities on our behalf to deliver a service to you. We only contract with “processors” who can demonstrate compliance with data privacy regulations, for example customer relationship management (CRM), support ticketing systems and invoicing and these providers will be required to adhere to GDPR for us to use them. We do not sell any personal data for any reason.
What are your data protection rights?
Hydrolix would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Hydrolix for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this services.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that Hydrolix correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Hydrolix to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that Hydrolix erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that Hydrolix restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Hydrolix’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Hydrolix transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you under certain conditions.
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the data we store about you and what we do with it. We endeavour to be transparent about this at each point of data collection, but if you would like more information then please contact https://prighter.com/q/15181341
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to opt out of any automated decision-making or profiling in relation to how how we process your data. While this is your right, Hydrolix can advise that we do not perform any automated decision-making or profiling.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us here: https://prighter.com/q/15181341
What are cookies?
Cookies are files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our Websites and Portals, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies does Hydrolix use?
Hydrolix uses a number of different types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies — Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality such as user login, account management and document versioning. The website cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
Performance cookies – Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg. analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
Third Party Cookies – Hydrolix in order to deliver services may need to use Third Party cookies to enable services. These cookies are focused around the functionality of the site and service and are not used for ad serving purposes.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies and the above website in “What are Cookies” tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of the features and functionality of our website and portals may not function as a result if cookies are removed, blocked or not allowed to function.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail or write us at our mailing address noted in the How to contact Hydrolix section below.
Your California Privacy Rights.
“Shine the Light” Law. – If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can email us to request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year.
Mention in your email that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry and we will respond within 30 days.
California Consumer Privacy Act. – If you are a California resident, you have specific privacy rights governed by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
These rights include:
- Disclosure. – You have the right to request a report showing the personal information collected, shared, and sold about you in the past 12 months.
- Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out to the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information collected from you.
- Non-Discrimination. We shall not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of the above rights.
You may submit a request to enact any of the above rights by contacting us at https://prighter.com/q/15181341
We may require additional information to verify your identity before responding to a CCPA rights request. We will respond to your request within 45 days if possible and required under the law.
Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us here. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
Children and under 18’s
Our sites and services are meant for adults only. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has given us information, please contact us.
How to contact Hydrolix
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter as our privacy representative for the EU and the UK.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit: https://prighter.com/q/15181341
If you have any questions about our practices or this Privacy notice please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Hydrolix has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact the following:
The Information Commissioner’s Office, ICO Wycliffe House